We are Cristen and Miguel. We live in Austin, Texas. We like to feed everyone. We also like to spread the word about just how delicious vegan food can be. We do this on Sundays.

Here is how our potluck works:

1. We post the theme, along with any other Sunday dinner updates.
2. You post a comment saying what you plan to bring.
3. Show up Sunday with your own plate, cup, utensils, hang out with nice people and eat good food.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 every week.

If you have doubts about your vegan chef abilities, don't worry. We've provided a list of recipe links, vegan info, and helpful resources to get you started. You can also check out our vegan cooking blog.

If you just happened across this blog and have no idea where to go, send us an e-mail (cristenrene@gmail.com) and we'll give you directions.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

This Week--Sunday, December 30

For Christmas, I got a soda siphon from my dad, along with some mixes for root beer, lemon lime soda, ginger ale, sarsaparilla, and others. I also got a grill press. I want to make grilled sandwiches and root beer floats....so I was thinking that a 50s theme would be fun! Feel free to dress the part if you want.





When I think of the 50s, I think of diner fast food (coffee, french fries, onion rings, potato chips, hamburgers, hot dogs, milkshakes, donuts, chicken fried steak, meat loaf, pies, biscuits, pudding), but you guys might have better ideas. Apparently casseroles and vodka were very popular then. I also think of Marshmallows and Jello, but they are NOT VEGAN.

Feel free to bring whatever you want that you think fits the theme.

I found these links. You can use them to get ideas, then modify them to be veganized.

Comfort Food from the 1950s

Fifties - Casserole Anyone?


The Moscow Mule - The Cocktail the Jump-started the American Vodka Vogue

Betty Crocker - Cookbook of the 50s

50s Restaurant Food - "Happy Days" or "Grease"?

6 comments:

Kayla said...

It sounds like so much fun. We ended up not being able to come last Sunday, and sadly, we won't be able to make this one either :(

What do you guys have planned for the 31st?

Gary said...

i'm making stroganoff!

Lilli said...

I'm coming and bringing biscuits!

Captain Vegetable said...

meatballs! grilled cheese! soda water!

The Traveler said...

I'm coming, and bringing tuna noodle casserole. Whooo baby!

Anonymous said...

whoa noah's ark, that washed wave of soda water made my roots tear, and my ginja ninja fear, consistent dear bubblies i had to appreciate. good great sips on the swill, thanks for being trill